In praise of Bobby Ryan

In praise of Bobby Ryan
"The biggest thing is just his poise and his hands are unbelievable. I played with [Evgeni] Malkin and [Sidney] Crosby, and those guys are probably the two best in the league. Bobby's hands are right with those guys... He's a superstar in the making, it seems."
---Ryan Whitney, former Ducks defenseman

Monday, February 16, 2009

Ducks vs. Atlanta Thrashers

I wonder if, at any point during the second or third period of tonight's game against the Atlanta Thrashers, one of the Ducks thought, "Okay, joke's over. Somebody wake me up now..." I can tell you that thought went through the head of almost every Duck fan.

Because honestly? Tonight's game was nothing short of a horrible nightmare!

What the hell happened? I couldn't even listen to the entire game. I was at work, listening to the radio broadcast with two of my coworkers (avid Duck fans in their own right) and we decided to turn the radio off after J.S. Giguere was pulled from the net, Jonas Hiller replaced him, and the Thrashers quickly welcomed him to the game by sliding a puck past him.

Hell, his skate blades hadn't even gotten cold yet.

I can imagine this was Hiller's thought as he took the net: "What? You expect me to salvage THIS?!"

I have the game recorded and waiting for me in my VCR, but something tells me I'm not going to want to watch it. Imposing depressive episodes isn't exactly my thing. I will, however, watch the highlights so that I can see my boy Bobby Ryan score. In fact, the only Duck goals in this game came from the second line.

Teemu Selanne, Andrew Ebbett, and Bobby Ryan have something beautiful going here, and I hope that Randy Carlyle knows enough not to mess with it.

I hate to say it, but I almost expected this to happen. How can the same team which whipped the Flames two times in a row lose to teams like the Thrashers, the Islanders, and the Lightning??? Seems the Ducks have found a way.

Let's just hope that the Los Angeles' Kings recent climb in the standings no longer labels them as a "losing" team that the Ducks "should" beat.

0 comments:

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories