In praise of Bobby Ryan

In praise of Bobby Ryan
"The biggest thing is just his poise and his hands are unbelievable. I played with [Evgeni] Malkin and [Sidney] Crosby, and those guys are probably the two best in the league. Bobby's hands are right with those guys... He's a superstar in the making, it seems."
---Ryan Whitney, former Ducks defenseman

Saturday, February 7, 2009

And the award goes to...

After the last two games, I need some good news to raise the morale here.

As badly as the Ducks have placed themselves in the standings with too many losses against teams they shouldn't have lost to, some of our individual Ducks have actually done quite well during the month of January.

Captain Scott Niedermayer took honors as one of the league's Three Stars for the month of January as he led all defensemen with 17 points in 14 games. He also landed third in scoring for the month.

First in scoring for the league belongs to Ryan Getzlaf with 19 points.

My boy Bobby Ryan earned himself the Rookie of the Month title which, incidentally is the first time a Ducks rookie has claimed that award in the league. He also tied for top goal scorer with Calgary's Mike Cammallari.

On the team effort, the Ducks power play has the top efficiency percentage for January, beating out both the Sharks and the Red Wings.

And somehow, our boys are still struggling for playoff standing??

In other Bobby Ryan news, I've heard that my boy is the subject of an excellent article in this month's issue of Sports Illustrated. I'll be picking that up the next time I'm at the newsstand. He's also on the cover of the current Ducks Digest, which I'll be getting when I attend the home game against the Flames on the 11th (woo!). There's also this little tidbit from the NHL Live radio show. Check it out.

If you haven't noticed, I'm all about this kid.

0 comments:

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories