In praise of Bobby Ryan

In praise of Bobby Ryan
"The biggest thing is just his poise and his hands are unbelievable. I played with [Evgeni] Malkin and [Sidney] Crosby, and those guys are probably the two best in the league. Bobby's hands are right with those guys... He's a superstar in the making, it seems."
---Ryan Whitney, former Ducks defenseman

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ducks at Minnesota, vs Wild

I'm writing this entry after the fact...

After the fact that I heard the Ducks take the shameful 0-3 shutout loss over the radio at work.

After the fact that I went home and watched my recorded broadcast, with the Wild grabbing that first goal of the game in the first, another goal in the second, and a third empty net goal in the third.

Jonas Hiller was in net and did as good a job as he could, given his team wasn't giving him any strong defensive backing. The offense wasn't much more effective. Against a team like the Wild... check that. Against a goaltender like Niklas Backstrom, you need to have a really good offensive to get pucks into the net. I felt like our Ducks just couldn't get a cohesive play together. Things seemed disjointed, sloppy, and lethargic.

And how many times did Ryan Getzlaf's skates flip out from under him? I swear, he fell more often than I do when I'm attempting to travel on ice, and I SUCK on skates.

I am happy to say that Bobby Ryan was back on the ice for this game. After watching him get checked and pummeled to the point where he wasn't even on the bench for most of the final period, I was just hoping to see my boy back in the lineup. But otherwise, not much else to be proud of in this game!

Honestly, I don't feel much like recapping the loss. So, let's just move on to the next game which, unfortunately, wasn't a win either.

0 comments:

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories