In praise of Bobby Ryan

In praise of Bobby Ryan
"The biggest thing is just his poise and his hands are unbelievable. I played with [Evgeni] Malkin and [Sidney] Crosby, and those guys are probably the two best in the league. Bobby's hands are right with those guys... He's a superstar in the making, it seems."
---Ryan Whitney, former Ducks defenseman

Friday, January 9, 2009

I called it first!

This place still needs a lot of work (obviously), but hey, there's not a lot of time left in a day when you're watching Ducks games, reading Ducks articles, writing on an existing blog, and going to work so that I can attempt to pay my bills. Sometimes, I even need a few hours for sleeping, eating, and showering too!

Gah, what would I do if I had more than two pets to look after?

Anyway, I hope you're catching the recent hometown games between our Ducks and the Kings. I have a story about that, the fortuitous way I was first introduced to the Ducks two years ago. I'll cover that when it isn't 7am (I haven't slept yet). I also intend to cover reviews of the two games. All in good time.

But first, I just want to put into writing that I recognized the talent in Ducks rookie Bobby Ryan ten days before his first hat trick last night. This is an excerpt from a letter dated December 29, 2008 that I wrote to Adam, a writer for the Ducks official website:

"I particularly enjoyed your recent remarks regarding Bobby Ryan. Personally, I'm behind this guy all the way. I like finding pro athletes with a lot of potential but fairly little recognition so that I can cheer them on through their sports season. Bobby's my boy this time around, and I was glad to see you might even give a nod at my choice. =)

Here's to a hopeful start of a marvelous career."

Go Bobby, go!

0 comments:

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories